With this module, customers can share products and pages found in the shop with just a few clicks via his preferred social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, …), Twitter or dedicated social bookmarking systems. Over 300 connected systems are available. AddThis also offers analysis about the customer behavior in the shop.
Display with AddThis Profile
With a profile at AddThis, you can choose between many different display options. In order for this widget to be displayed, you must first set up the buttons in the AddThis dashboard. Setting this up is explained in chapter “Configuration” further down.
With the share buttons the customers can share this shop, content or a product with a few clicks in their select social network.Figure 1: Various display options of the Share Buttons
You can set up so-called follow buttons, so the customer can find your social network user directly and without a long search.
As soon as a shop visitor clicks on an AddThis button, he is redirected to the page of the respective social network and can register there. Afterwards, the shop or the individual product can be presented to other users. Here is an example from Facebook:Figure 2: Sharing a product with Facebook
The module can be configured in the system administration > ‘Modules’ > ‘AddThis’.
- Module activation: AddThis is activated and is displayed.
- Display at product: AddThis is displayed at the respective products.
- Display at default location: AddThis is displayed on the home page below the category menu.
- AddThis profile ID: The profile ID of the profile
- AddThis template: Displays the path of the two template files of AddThis.
- AddThis dashboard: Links to the official AddThis dashboard.
Configurating the AddThis Dashboard
Create New Tool
In order to be able to start at all, a profile must first be created. As soon as this is available, you can click on the button “Add new tool” in the navigation under “Website Tools”.Figure 3: Creating a tool Figure 4: Selecting a “Tool Type”
Now you should see a selection of different tools. Here we recommend to choose between the Share Button and the Follow Button. In the example we will create a Share Button.
Tool Types To display the buttons on the page according to your wishes, you can select the Tool Type as shown in figure 6. If you click on another type, you will see on the right side what it could look like on a web page. In figure 3 you can see what they would look like in the shop. If you are satisfied with the selection, you can click on Continue.
Configuration of the Button
In the next menu the button will be individualized.Figure 5: Customizing the “Share Button”
- The upper two selection menus define where the buttons are displayed. One for desktops and laptops and one for all other mobile devices.
- Share Counters
- With the “Share Counters” you define how the number of divisions of the page is displayed.
- Social Networks
- Under “Social Networks” you can select which networks are displayed on your site. Here we would recommend the option “Select your own”, so your desired networks are displayed. Do not select too many here, otherwise the page will quickly appear overloaded.
- If you click on the option “Design”, you can adjust the appearance of the buttons. Unfortunately, not all colors are available unless you are a premium user of AddThis. Normally, however, the predefined colors should be completely sufficient.
- Advanced Options
- These are extended options. Here you can adjust various settings. We will not go further into these here, as for most pages the default values are already optimal.
Link to the Shop
For the configured button to be displayed in your shop, you only need to fill in the AddThis profile ID in the shop administration. You can find the ID in the AddThis dashboard by clicking on the three dots in the navigation bar. Now you should see an ID. Insert it in the field AddThis profile ID in the 21.COMMERCE-Administration.
Create AddThis Account
AddThis is the basic software used in the module to connect all external services. The service is free of charge. The creation of an AddThis account is not necessary, but highly recommended, since detailed statistics is available then. Furthermore you can also personalize the design directly in the AddThis administration.
Open a new AddThis account here.