You have decided to sell your products online. Congratulations. Sales growth in e-commerce continues unabated. The cashless payment of purchases has long since become a matter of course for consumers.
Accept the three most important means of payment in online trading and look forward to higher sales and fewer cancellations in your online shop. SIX Payment Services AG is a full-service provider of cashless payment solutions offering efficient and secure payment transactions.
Let your customers pay simply and securely with credit card or TWINT in your online shop. Together with our partner SIX Payment Services we offer you an exclusive offer.
The product for processing online payments from SIX Payment Services AG is called Saferpay. First, log on to your Saferpay back office.
Saferpay Backoffice: https://www.saferpay.com/BO/Login
First login in Saferpay backendFigure 1: Login window: Enter the Saferpay login for the user with e at the beginning
When you first log in to Saferpay Backoffice, you will be prompted to change your password, first enter your old (assigned) password and then enter the desired password twice.
Please note that only passwords that meet the following security criteria will be accepted: The password must be at least 8 characters long, must contain one upper and one lower case letter and at least one number or special character.
After you have changed your password, you may be asked to enter an e-mail address that SIX Payment Services AG can use to communicate with you. Each user ID must be provided with an e-mail address so that a user can unlock a possible login block himself. If you see a corresponding input mask, please enter your e-mail address in the “E-mail” field provided and confirm your entry by clicking “Save”.
Connect shop with Saferpay
To connect your shop with your Saferpay account we need a API key and the corresponding Terminal ID. To create the API key, follow the steps below.Figure 2: Saferpay Backend Figure 3: Saferpay Backend: JSON API Basic Authentification
Enter a password and write it down together with the user name. You will need the password and the user name later when Configuring the module.Figure 4: Saferpay Backend: Terminals
Please note the Terminal ID. You will need these later when Configuring the module.
Configuration of the moduleFigure 5: Configuration mask of the module
Where? In your shop administration, go to Modules on the left and klick then on Saferpay JSON. Here you will find the configuration settings for the Saferpay connection:
- Active: Check this box to activate the module.
- User name: Take from the Saferpay backend (see Figure 3)
- Password: Choose your own password. Take the password from the Saferpay backend (see Figure 3).
- Terminal ID: The terminal ID can be found in the Saferpay backend under the menu item ‘Terminals’ (See Figure 4).
- Account statement text: Short message to the customer, which can be seen on the account statement.
- Email confirmation: Activate this if you want to receive a confirmation email for every order that was proceed with a payment method via Saferpay.
- Email confirmation to customer: Activate this if you want your customer to receive a confirmation email for every order he places with a payment method via Saferpay.
- Book orders directly: If this is activated, all amounts are booked directly and not reserved.
Activate the desired payment methods
After you have configured the module, the corresponding payment methods can now be activated. Go to ‘Shop Settings’ → ‘General Settings’ → ‘Payment Methods’ and check the box for the payment methods that are activated in the ‘active’ column. Please do not activate payment methods that are not activated for your system via Saferpay or cannot be activated via Saferpay.Figure 6: Activation of payment methods in shop administration
After login you are in the dashboard. Now click on ‘Transactions’.Figure 7: Overview of the functions in Saferpay Backoffice
- The Transactions section contains all the operations for processing it.
- The journal shows the pending transactions.
- Click on Details to select a transaction. There you can:
- view details
- For reservations: Book, correct down or cancel the amount. The transaction is processed with the next day-end closing and forwarded to the acquirer. This is done each night.
- When booking: Trigger a new credit note or reservation based on the ticket details.
- After a day-end closing, the pending (not yet processed) postings are released for processing by the acquirer.
- Info 1: Reservations must first be converted into bookings before they can be handed over with the daily closing.
- Info 2: The daily closing can be automated.
- credit notes can be used to credit partial or full amounts back to customers’ cards (or other credit cards).
- In the menu item ‘Administration’ you can see a list of the accounts set up under ‘Terminals’. Here you can assign your own account name and control the automatic day-end closing.
- Click on ‘Online-Support’ and ‘Documents’ at the bottom of the page to find the Backoffice User Manual.
If you have delivered bookings (and not reservations) and activated the automatic daily closing, you only need to go to the Saferpay back office to make credit notes or checks.
Reservation or booking?
The PepperShop can be configured so that credit card financial transactions to SIX Payment Services AG are recorded as reservations of the amount or directly as bookings.
If reservations are selected, every transaction has to be manually converted into bookings in the Saferpay back office. But you are able tol correct the amount downwards here. This always makes sense if there are still changes to the articles after the order has been received, e.g. if certain articles are not in stock.
If bookings are delivered, a daily settlement must be made within 48 hours. So if this is not done automatically, you are responsible for it for yourself. If this deadline is not met, SIX Payment Services Ltd will charge a so-called late presentment fee, the amount of which is approximately 0.5% of the financial transaction amount (as of May 2018).
SIX Payment Services AG eCommerce Support:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0848 664 444 (Switzerland)
- Phone: +49 40 325 967 250 (Germany)