With the help of the reCAPTCHA module, the human/machine query mechanism of reCAPTCHA can be integrated into the PepperShop to exclude spam bots.
This makes it possible to keep bots away from forms and thus avoid spam. The captcha (display of the verification question and evaluation) can be integrated at any location in the PepperShop. This is already implemented by default in the contact form, for the Tell-A-Friend ad and some other places.
‘reCAPTCHA’ is a Captcha service from Google, which offers a professional and secure Captcha. The big advantage of reCAPTCHA is that you don’t have to worry about database integration, session management, captach cracking development and other factors in the captcha business, but simply insert two mini code blocks and you have a very good protection integrated.
Implementing of the reCAPTCHA module
Create a Google account
If you already have a Google account, you can skip this point.
In order to use reCAPTCHA, you must have a Google account.
Here you can open a Google Account:
Register your domain for the use of reCAPTCHA
After you have successfully created your Google account, you can register your own domain for reCAPTCHA here.
Futher we will explain how to register your domain and how to get the different keys.Figure 1: Mask for domain registration
- define a label for your website/shop. That makes them easier to recognize.
- here you enter the domain of your web page / your shop. Your registration is limited to the domains entered here and the associated subdomains. When registering for example ‘domain.ch’, ‘subdomain.domain.com’ is also registered.
- confirm the process by clicking ‘Register’.
- In the next step, the required keys (website key / secret key) for your website / shop will be generated automatically. Figure 2: Window with automatically generated keys
- the website key and the secret key were generated automatically. Then you can copy these two keys into the corresponding fields in the PepperShop reCAPTCHA module administration (point 4: Setting up the reCAPTCHA module in the shop administration).
Setting up the reCAPTCHA module in the shop administrationFigure 3: Module administration of reCAPTCHATo access the reCAPTCHA module administration, go to the shop administration of your shop and click on ‘Module’ → ‘reCAPTCHA’ in the left column.
- copy website key / secret key (from above point) and paste the keys into the appropriate field in the PepperShop reCAPTCHA module administration
- check the box for ‘Activation’.
- under the point ‘Theme’ the appearance of the Captcha display can be adjusted. ‘Light’ for brighter websites and ‘dark’ for darker pages.
- at the point ‘locations’ you select, where the Captcha advertisement is to be switched on in the shop. Important note: The Tell-A-Friend form is often abused by bots. We strongly recommend that you activate Tell-A-Friend as your deployment location!
- Finally save to confirm the entered data and activate the reCAPTCHA module.