Stationary, non-networked cash desks are a thing of the past!
At PepperShop POS you log in and sell. Because every tablet, notebook or smartphone turns into the heart of everyday sales in no time at all – including the connection to a fully integrated payment terminal.
In the administration area you can find the cash register at the bottom left of the menu or alternatively via the main menu of the module administration. In the configuration, there are the following setting options:
Configuration of the PepperShop POS Webkasse:
- Activation: Check the box here. This is needed if you want to enable/disable the checkout as a webshop module. Precondition is a correctly installed PDF module.
- Payment methods: Multiple selection is possible with the CTRL key (Germany: CTRL key). All payment methods available in the Webkasse are to be selected.
- Issue via: How should the customer receipt be printed?
- A4 PDF printing: Output to a normal A4 printer.
- Allow warehouse overbooking: Articles can also be sold without stock if warehouse management is switched on. When using an ERP (e.g. ABANINJA) this function must not be active.
- Convert changeover to cash desk currency: If a customer wants to pay in a foreign currency, the changeover is displayed in the basic currency.
- Cash register customers (seller/in): Customers who have activated the “Cash register customer” field in customer management appear in the list.
- Via login you will be logged in as this customer directly into the cash register.
Alternatively, you can log in via the registration mask in the shop or at the checkout.
Log in to the Webkasse
Use the following steps to log in to the cash register.
- Click on your username under Login.
- A new page opens. Click on ‘Go to checkout’
- General Settings
- Information on value added tax (VAT)
- Currency settings
- Activate other currencies here and enter the exchange rate.
- The PepperShop can be operated in several languages.
First create the categories in category management. This is where the articles are later classified. You can easily delete the pre-installed demo categories. By calling up the category you will see your action possibilities. In the cashier you have the possibility to search the articles by categories
In the ‘Articles’ section you will find the masks for entering new articles, as well as for editing and deleting them. In order to make changes to a large number of articles, we recommend the mass mutations.
You can find the complete instructions for the warehouse management in the PepperShop backend under Article → Warehouse management in the corresponding help text (help button at the bottom of the page).
Daily closing / analysis of a period
In the shop administration you will find the daily closing in the web cash module.
All open sales are booked by pressing the ‘Close’ button. This means that weekly or monthly closings are also possible as an alternative. After that, the sales are irrevocably booked and can no longer be removed.
Restrict the results using the display filter, e.g. by employees and / or by certain time intervals. Below the list with the sales you will find the data to conclude with the corresponding query (employee / time interval). The system displays a turnover overview for each payment method used, as well as a total amount. The total amount is translated into the base currency.
Info: By clicking on the printer symbol you get a representation optimized for printing, which is limited to the table and the final summaries. An export as a table is also possible. A print example can be found in the appendix.
Operation of the cash register
As an active web cash customer (seller) you can log in to the system as usual (enter login + password).
- In stand-alone mode, only the login screen appears.
- Webshop Module: After the login you are in the customer account of the shop system. After logging in to the web shop, a web checkout customer will see a link to the web checkout in his account. This link takes you directly to the web cash mask.
The Webkasse has the following functionalities.
Search for an article
- The article search is possible via article name, article number or article code (e.g. an EAN code via barcode scanner).
- Categories: This allows you to search via the category tree.
- Favorites: Create your favorites list. Click on the heart symbol of the article to add or remove it from the list. The list automatically appears identical for all cash register customers.
- You can change the article display by using the list button at the top in the middle.
- If you are working with a barcode scanner, be careful not to place the cursor in a text field. The scanned item is then placed directly in the shopping basket.
- On the shopping list (analogous to shopping cart) you can adjust the number and price of each item or give a discount. Overwritten prices are marked accordingly. These purchases are also highlighted in the evaluation.
- Individual items can be removed from the shopping cart using the ‘Delete’ button.
Above the shopping cart you will find the “customer” button. You can now use the search bar to find existing customers. The addresses can be edited and selected. In the case of a new customer, this can also be entered directly in the cash register. The order is then specifically assigned to the customer and also appears in the customer account of the webshop (if used).
It is therefore also possible to use customer cards with the customer number as a barcode.
Document history and credit memos
In the menu, the sales of all cash register users are listed in the document history section and can be viewed in detail. For refunds, the amount can now be assigned to the document with a comment as a credit memo. The amount is also shown in the day-end closing.
In the case of returns of goods and warranty replacement, it is decisive which functions you use. Please note that credit entries in the cash register have no influence on the stock or the ERP. These postings must be posted manually.
Goods return: Enter credit memo in POS and post manually (if necessary in ERP) Warranty compensation: Sell product regularly with price 0.
- If the voucher module is active, a button for entering the code appears.
- The mask for the free position (not in the system existing article) is called by the associated button. Enter the description to be displayed, the unit price, the quantity and the VAT rate.
- Discount: One discount can be given in percent and one as an amount (affects the total amount of the purchase). This is captured using the same technique as changing the number of a shopping cart item.
- Pay up:
- Cash payment: Proposals for amounts received appear or you can enter the amount manually. The change will be calculated automatically.
- Card payments: You can now enter the amount in your terminal without an integrated terminal.
- Payment terminal: With an integrated terminal, it automatically receives all the necessary data. You can see a screenshot of the Webkasse entry mask on the next page.
By selecting the menu button at the top left, the following options are available:
- Document history: The completed sales can be viewed in detail. - settings
- Edit user data of cash register customer
Now follow resources like screenshots and examples of printouts: